|Position: Public Relations Coordinator||Classification: Non-Exempt|
|Supervisor: Director of Public Relations||FTE: 100%|
|Location: Los Angeles, CA||Department: Public Relations|
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the supervision of the Director of Public Relations, the Public Relations Coordinator will:
- Plan or coordinate special events, collaboration with corporations and community outreach;
- Research opportunities for future collaboration with corporations;
- Conduct sensitivity training’s to corporate entities; provide building tours as needed;
- Maintain community outreach materials;
- Attend various community networking events and meetings as designated;
- Report to supervisor on operation activities on a weekly basis; record statistics;
- Maintain GLAD monthly calendar and event flyers;
- Coordinate monthly e-news, social media, mass mailings, website updates and special event campaigns;
- Extensive fieldwork and ability to travel within agency service area is required;
- Maintain agency mailing lists and volunteer database;
- Create video announcements and video advertisements (vlogs);
- Research advertisement opportunities in various areas;
- Perform such tasks and responsibilities as may be delegated.
B.A. or B.S. degree with experience in Donations, Public Relations/Promotions/Marketing; Knowledge of a variety of computer programs (Microsoft Word, Power Point, Excel and Adobe Photoshop) a plus; Fluency in American Sign Language is a must; Understand a broad range of cultural perspectives; Experience in public presentations; excellent interpersonal and customer service skills and ability to handle situations with tact and diplomacy; Ability to create topics for vlogs; Ability to use a video camera and experience in video editing; maintain confidentiality; handle multiple tasks simultaneously and sometimes with competing deadlines with ease, efficiency and attention to detail; excellent communication language skills; ability to work with constituents of GLAD and the public; research experience helpful; ability to work well independently and as part of a team; take initiative and thrive under pressure in a fast paced environment; must have a professional demeanor and at all times be capable of maintaining a cooperative relationship with co-employees, directors, employers, community members, other agencies and the CEO.
Must have reliable transportation, valid California driver license and current automobile insurance as required by law.