|Position: Placement Coordinator/Program Manager||Classification: Exempt|
|Supervisor: Deputy Director||FTE: 100%|
|Location: Santa Ana, CA||Department: Employment Development Department|
- Employment services to deaf and hard of hearing persons;
- Provide support and sensitivity training to EDD staff and employers
- Client recruitment, assessment, counseling, job development, referral to training programs.
- Negotiation and monitoring of training contracts, job placement and follow up contacts with clients and employers after placement;
- Attend and participate in a wide range of activities promoting GLAD/EDD to the local community.
- Visit each of 8 EDD offices with GLAD EDD staff and meet with floor managers
- Provide training to all GLAD EDD (15) staff.
- Supervise and evaluate all Placement Coordinators.
- Collect, Review and Prepare EDD stats reports from Job Placement Coordinators and Job Developer/Interpreters on weekly and monthly basis.
- Report to supervisor on operations and activities on a regular basis.
- Perform such tasks and responsibilities as may be delegated.
Bachelors of Art (B.A) or Bachelors of Science (B.S) preferred; experience in supervision and management; knowledge of MS Windows software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) desired; previous experience in provision of job development services to job ready and non-job ready deaf and hard of hearing persons; previous experience with social services programs; must be fluent in American Sign Language.
Applicant must be a flexible self-starter and resourceful team player; detail-oriented with strong organizational skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills, have the capability to work independently, take initiative, ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks with deadlines, excellent interpersonal skills, maintaining a cooperative relationship with co-employees, directors, employers and the CEO; ability to travel during the week (and occasional weeknights/weekends) throughout the Los Angeles and vicinity service area.
Must have a valid California Driver’s License and a dependable car with current automobile insurance as required by law.