|Position: Job Readiness Trainer||Classification: Non-Exempt|
|Program Supervisor: Deputy Director||FTE: 100%|
|Floor Supervisor: Regional Director||Department: GLAD|
|Location: CODIE/ TBD Riverside, Ca|
Language and employment comprehensive trainings and services offered at Center on Deafness Inland Empire (CODIE) to deaf and hard of hearing individuals with employment preparation through language & communication and vocational assessments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the supervision of Deputy Director and CODIE Regional Director for office related and attendance, Job Readiness Trainer will:
- Conduct Language & Communication Assessment and Vocational Assessment to determine consumer’s level;
- Responsible for intake, Individual Service Plan, assessment and employment outcomes.
- Provide trainings to individuals and groups on language/comprehension levels and communication levels to prepare for employment;
- Provide employment preparation and retention services;
- Responsible for reviewing, modifying curriculum/lesson plans and other training materials;
- Compile data collection, log documentation and prepare reports;
- Perform such tasks and responsibilities as may be delegated.
Bachelor’s degree required. Highly desirable experience in teaching English as second language or adult basic education to deaf adults. Experience in provision of job readiness services to deaf and hard of hearing persons; familiar with teaching basic literacy; previous experience with training. Previous experience work with social services programs; and must be fluent in American Sign Language. Applicants must possess the ability to relate to and be sensitive to deaf persons with widely varying communication levels and the ability to work with a diverse, multi-ethnic population. A flexible self-starter and a resourceful team player; detail oriented with strong organizational skills; excellent verbal and written communication skills. Has the ability to document activities accurately and prepare reports; the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and sometimes with competing deadlines; excellent interpersonal skills and at all times be capable of maintaining a cooperative relationship with co-employees, directors, employers, community members, other agencies and the CEO. Punctuality and reliability are required. Applicants must be able to handle confidential situations; have the ability to work independently, take initiative and thrive under pressure in a fast-paced environment; must have a professional demeanor.
Must have reliable transportation, a valid California driver’s license and current automobile insurance as required by law.