|Position: Job Placement Coordinator||Classification: Non-Exempt|
|Supervisor: EDD Placement Coordinator/Program Manager||FTE: 100%|
|Location: Rancho Cucamonga, CA||Department: EDD|
Employment services offered at GLAD assist deaf and hard of hearing individuals with job information, job training, job placement, and accessibility for the deaf and hard of hearing individuals, co-located at 8 Employment Development Department (EDD) Offices. The programs under employment services are: Job Readiness Training, Workplace Accessibility, Job Development, Placement and Follow-up.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the supervision of the EDD Placement Coordinator/Program Manager, the Job Placement Coordinator will:
- Employment services to deaf and hard of hearing persons;
- Provide support services and sensitivity training to EDD staff and employers
- Client recruitment, assessment, counseling, job development, referral to training programs;
- Negotiation and monitoring of training contracts, job placement and follow up contacts with clients and employers after placement;
- Work closely with Job Developer/ Interpreter on a team level.
- Report to supervisor on operations and activities on a regular basis.
- Prepare weekly reports.
- Perform such tasks and responsibilities as may be delegated.
Bachelors of Art (BA) or Bachelors of Science (BS) degree required. Previous experience in provision of job development services to unskilled and highly skilled deaf and hard of hearing persons; previous experience with social services programs; involvement with deaf community; and must be fluent in American Sign Language. Detail oriented with strong organizational skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks with deadlines, excellent interpersonal skills, capable of maintaining a cooperative relationship with co-employees, directors, employers and the CEO.
Must have reliable transportation, a valid driver’s license and current automobile insurance as required by law