Hard of Hearing and Late Deafened (HH&LD) is a service designed for hard of hearing and late deafened individuals.
Whether we are born with a hearing loss or acquired later in life as a child, teen or adult, the experience can be challenging. Hearing loss varies greatly. The spectrum ranges from a mild loss to profound deafness.
If you were born hearing and began to lose your hearing later in life, it takes some time to adjust to life with a hearing loss. Growing up hard of hearing is also unique. At GLAD, the Hard of Hearing Specialist can work with you to access information and resources which will empower you to live better with a hearing loss.
- Specialized information and referral
- Peer counseling
- Support groups
- Coping strategies
- Community education presentations
- Information on low cost hearing aids
- Special phones
- Communication technology and strategies
- State Relay services
- Options for hard of hearing children
- Educational and Community access
- Captioning and Interpreting
- Information on cochlear implants