|Position: Community Outreach||Classification: Non-Exempt|
|Supervisor: Chief Executive Officer||FTE: 100%|
|Location: Los Angeles||Department: Administrative|
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the supervision of the Cheif Executive Officer, the Outreach Coordinator will:
- Develop and upgrade GLAD presentations on Deafness
- Contact first responders and colleges to offer deafness 101 and/or sensitivity training on how to communicate with deaf and hard of hearing people.
- Give presentations to deaf clubs, Quota clubs, Lion Clubs and other requests.
- Work closely with the Public Relations Coordinator to keep the community well informed about our services.
- Coordinate ASL classes at GLAD and other schools.
- Conduct research on updates on communication tips and communication accommodations.
- Work closely with administrative assistant in updating information and referral data
- Contact companies with TTY’s listed and talk with them about diminishing the use of TTY’s and work with them how to make themselves accessible to incoming calls like VRS and/or VRI.
- Perform such tasks and responsibilities as may be delegated.
Applicants with a B.A. degree or 3 years’ experience in Community Outreach and/or Community Education desired. Must be fluent in American Sign Language (ASL). Candidates must possess strong multitasking skills. Applicant must be well versed in public presentations. Applicant must have the ability to work with deaf persons of diverse multi-ethnic population and with widely varying communication skills and language levels. Knowledge of laws governing the rights of deaf and hard of hearing individuals is desirable. Applicants must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, detail-oriented with strong organizational skills. Must have ability maintain confidentiality and ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and sometimes with competing deadlines. Applicants should possess excellent interpersonal skills and be capable of maintaining a cooperative relationship with employees, supervisors, consumers, state and local governments and community members. Applicants must be able to travel within entire service area.
Must have a valid Driver’s License and current automobile insurance as required by law and reliable means of transportation.