|Position: Administrative Assistant (Front Desk)||Classification: Non-Exempt|
|Supervisor: Deputy Director||FTE: 100%|
|Location: Los Angeles||Department: Human Services|
- Manages the agency’s lobby area. Greets and guides all visitors, including vendors, consumers, and job candidates.
- Ensures completion of paperwork, sign-in and security procedures. Handles special administrative projects for the Director of Human Services.
- Answer and transfer all incoming voice, TTY and Videophone calls.
- Provide deaf and hard of hearing as well as the general public with information and referrals as it relates to deafness.
- Perform clerical duties, including but not limited to typing and other light office duties as needed.
- Input consumer statistics into computer database.
- Handle LA IR.
- Handles GLAD Information line and assigns follow up to CAs as appropriate.
- Perform such tasks and responsibilities as may be delegated.
Prefer a minimum of 2 years’ experience; Fluent in ASL (American Sign Language) and be sensitive to deaf persons of various communication skills and language levels. Be familiar with Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel; Excellent verbal and written communication skills; Detail oriented with strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks with deadlines; Be a self-starter, flexible and a resourceful team player; Must be able to handle confidential situations, have the ability to work independently, take initiative and thrive under pressure in a fast-paced environment; Must have a professional demeanor, including phone manners and excellent interpersonal skills; Must be knowledgeable of office procedures. Must be punctual and reliable. Must be capable of maintaining a cooperative relationship with co-employees, directors, employers and the CEO.